Introduce yourself and tell us about your business: I am an advocate for empowerment, education, and advocacy. A native of Baker, Louisiana, I am currently employed as a Special Education Supervisor for Ascension Public Schools. A two-time graduate of Southern University and A&M College, I am currently a doctoral candidate in Educational Leadership at Southeastern Louisiana University. Moreover, I am proud to be the CEO/Founder of Majestic Group, L.L.C. As a member of Alpha Kappa Sorority, Inc., a chartering Executive Board member of that National Coalition of 100 Black Women – Metropolitan Baton Rouge, and a number of professional organizations, my goal is to work with individuals from youth to adults, to push them to reaching their highest potential based on their personal goals for themselves.
My company, Majestic Group, is an action-learning company created to build capacity within an individual to successfully navigate the corporate/career setting through goal-based strategic planning, strength-based coaching, leadership development, and image consulting. I work with clients as a corporate/career strategist to support self-development to attain success!
2. What inspired you to pursue this area of interest?
I was inspired to break into this industry, over time, through multiple experiences in my life, and through the encouragement of those close to me. Over the years, I have assisted many people with supporting their career goals, personal image development, and maximizing their strengths/talents to create their best selves through coaching. After much prayer, encouragement, and much planning, I took the steps necessary to make my vision a reality.
3. What makes the brand different from others in the industry? My brand is different because it is a hybrid of a number of disciplines, research-based Best Practices, and strengths-based development to push individuals forward based on their personal needs and individually crafted formula to success. Additionally, we include a variety of support to expedite this process through events to personal coaching sessions.
4. What advice would you share with ladies interested in a similar pursuit? Two words – keep going. Create your vision, make a plan, make it plain, and execute. There will be times when you question yourself, and feel like you are on a roller coaster, but those are the times when you continue to persevere. Also, surround yourself with those who truly support you, and those who believe in your vision.
5. What is next in 2017 for the brand? We are working to develop innovative ways to reach our audience both virtually, and through face-to-face interactions. More details will be posted and updated on our website.
6. How can readers connect with you online or through social media? Readers can connect with me by visiting my website www.thenicolemg.com. Additionally, I encourage readers to join my network. Also, follow my social media pages (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) @thenicolemg.com