1. Please introduce yourself and businesses to our readers:
My name is LaKisha Mosley. I am a mom, full-time employee as well as a serial entrepreneur. I own an event management boutique in Houston called The LM Experience. I run a lifestyle blog where I discuss my faith and family as well as relationships and business. I have a weekly podcast called "Confessions of a CEO" where I have intimate and candid conversations with movers and shakers in their communities.
2. What practices have been instrumental in you running multiple businesses successfully? I plan everything! I'm very strategic with my time. I get up early around 4:30 am or 5 am every morning and work on my businesses before work. After work, I complete more tasks for my businesses. Sometimes I use my lunch breaks, travel time to and from work as well as if I'm doing personal errands and I may be waiting to work on tasks as well. I make sure that I schedule self-care time and I get enough sleep every night. I create lists the night before of things I will work on. I start my mornings with devotion and spending time with God. I also document what I do daily to make sure that I am staying in line with the goals I have set for the day, week or month.
3. Where do you see yourself and brand in the next 5 years? In 5 years, I see myself working my business full time. I will manage bigger events and will have helped others start their own event planning companies. I would have a more profitable and visible blog and podcast.
4. Share an affirmation or motivational quote that you live by: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
5. How can readers connect with you online and through social media? On Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, @lakishammosley. My website is www.lakishamosley.com. My email is email@example.com