Happy Black Business Month! Please introduce yourself and business:
We are Lana & April Martin of L. A. Events. LA Events was born out of two sisters' love for making beautiful events and giving clients customized experiences that provided lasting memories. We specialize in design and planning for all weddings, social and corporate events. We also provide image branding, specializing in client and set styling for photo shoots and creation of marketing products.
What makes you unique in your industry?
L. A. Events uniqueness is that the customer is vital in the process of planning their event. We cater to the person and not just their dream event. A satisfied client and a well executed event equals success!
Please share your top 3 most proud accomplishments to-date:
1. L. A. Events hosted Tabitha Brown at a women’s
conference and branded autograph cards for
her and her fans at the conference.
2. L. A. Events created a conference called Man Cave that focused on personal, physical, and spiritual growth for the
men in the local community.
3. One of our biggest accomplishments was stepping out to start L.A. Events. It has not been easy, but we continue to
work and move to be epic in our work. We were two sisters
with a heart to help others design events and realized that we needed to formalize our efforts and start a company.
Any advice to other women in your industry?
1. Always remember movement is always good. Even if the movement is slow, at least you’re headed towards your dream. So keep pushing.
2. Find a mentor or a person who can encourage you and hold you accountable when needed. Surround yourself with like-minded women.
3. Never stop learning. Learn and glean where you can. Be ever learning through conferences, master classes, and etc.
4. Be Fearless and God first always! Keep in your mind sight and in your spirit FAITH is needed to conquer fear. Because fear will rears its ugly head while on your journey to your dreams and success. Faith over Fear.
What is next for you in 2021 and how can readers connect with you online?
L.A. Event is planning our next conference. Also, we are working to expand into production. Philanthropic work is on our list too!
Readers can connect to L.A. Events via
Facebook : L. A. Events / @laeventsdesign
Email address: email@example.com