Please introduce yourself & business to our readers:
My name is Clarence L. Thomas III and I am the Founder and CEO of Far Above Rubies Global. Far Above Rubies Global is a women's health initiative dedicated to improving the menstrual health of girls and women through education & product-based solutions. Far Above Rubies Global is aligned as an Awareness Ambassador with the Justice For My Jewel Campaign and Brand Ambassador of Jewel Premium Sanitary Napkins.
What inspired you to become involved with this type of business?
My daughter inspired me to become an Awareness Ambassador for menstrual health. Being a single custodial parent when my daughter's cycle appeared she turned to me for support. She had a very uncomfortable flow and had even spoken of family recommending she get on synthetic drugs by way of birth control. I convinced her to trust GOD to show us another way and I was exposed to the Justice For My Jewel Campaign and Jewel Premium Sanitary Napkins. Her cycle was so drastically more comfortable that I became an Awareness Ambassador if there campaign and launched my own health initiative as a result.
Are there 2 myths you would like to dispel about this industry?
Two myths I'd like to dispel are:
1. Painful menstrual cramps are a natural part of a woman's cycle and will always be a part of it.
*I've learned that menstrual cramps, although typical during most women's cycles, are actually prevalent when tampons and pads, especially those made from synthetic materials, are used. Far Above Rubies Global introduces to girls and women to a sanitary napkin that's made of natural materials containing NO toxins, Jewel Premium Sanitary Napkins. With Jewel, cramps and discomfort are now optional.
2. Tampons are better than sanitary napkins to support the feminine flow.
* The issue with tampons, though they are convenient and provide discretion during a female's cycle, is that they are plugging up the flow of bodily waste that is meant to flow out of the body. Not only is there the potential for TSS (toxic shock syndrome), when tampons are in use the blood waste begins to be reabsorbed through the vaginal walls and can get into the user's bloodstream. Learning this from gynecologists has helped us in educating and empowering the women and teens that we are graced to meet when sharing the Justice For My Jewel Campaign in our community awareness events and our live and virtual focus groups.
I've learned that most girls and women that choose tampons do so to avoid the wet and uncomfortable feeling from using typical store bought name-brand sanitary napkins. It's likened unto a baby wearing a soaking wet diaper. Those synthetic-materiel pads are not made to absorb, but rather to merely catch the flow like pouring water into a plastic bag with a few napkins in the bag. Jewel Pads, on the other hand, ACTUALLY keep our women and girls dry and comfortable with the ultra-absorption properties of our pads that pulls the flow off the body and locks it into the absorbency system inside the pad. We have thousands of former tampon users converting to Jewel Pads as a result.
What is next for you in 2020?
* I've launched a new brand collaboration of Far Above Rubies Global with my best friend and business partner, Joseph Smith, and his brand We Love Period. When we join forces we are...
PAD BOYS FOR LIFE! We're on a mission to take this awareness to a national and international level by participating as drivers in the upcoming Gumball 3000 Road Rally driving from Toronto, Canada, with stops in Indianapolis, IN, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Miami, FL, and ending in Havana, Cuba. We're raising the money for the entry fees and raising Jewel Pad Lifestyle Pack donations to supply to our partner organizations along the route, women's shelters, shelters helping sex trafficking victims, and school systems in need of sanitary napkins for their female students on the middle and high school levels. We've also launched our recognition program called the Jewel Protectors Program for people, organizations, and businesses that support women and teen girls in some capacity with the opportunity to have access to Jewel Premium Sanitary Napkins. That includes them buying and donating Jewel Pads or purchasing and keeping supply on hand in the workplace. Our Gumball 3000 campaign promotion includes our Jewel Pad-A-Thon and our T-Shirt Fundraisers which are hosted on our PAD BOYS FOR LIFE website,
How can readers connect with you online?
* Connect with me online and learn about the awareness at:
* Shop my online boutique:
* Learn how you can help the PAD BOYS and Jewel Pads get to the upcoming Gumball 3000 at:
* And follow me on my PAD BOYS FOR LIFE platforms:
On Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok: @padboysforlife
On Facebook and YouTube: /padboysforlife