1. Introduce yourself and profession to our readers:
Hi, my name is Tiara LaRae Johnson the founder of TLJ Headlines, I go by the Millennial CEO, I help my clients create innovative and strategic strategies to make their dreams come true through my dream map system, accountability packages , and dream sessions where they put execution practices to their ideas or thoughts.
2. What inspired you to pursue this area of interest?
I know that people can do whatever they put their mind to and everyone has a purpose, I found my purpose early on in 6th grade and I have always been a trailblazer for doing everything I put my mind to doing. I want to help other push past life and become the best they can be in business and personal. My inspiration is knowing it can happen for anyone willing to put in the work , I want to hold people accountable to living their dreams.
3. What advice would you share with those interested in a similar pursuit?
To grind through what you been through, you can bounce back from anything in your life. You just have to work hard and keep going.
Introduce yourself and profession to our readers: I'm Angela T. Jones, CEO and Media Entrepreneur at Super Woman Productions and Publishing in Detroit, MI. My company is a media brand that consists of The FabLife Radio Show, Mogul Mindset Entertainment Group, provides a variety of online content and entertainment related products and services.
Book Synopsis: This 34 page e-book provides 3 simple ways our founder, a wife/mom/entrepreneur, changed her mindset to get over her fears and start turning her dreams into reality. For the price of a combo meal, you can gain confidence and learn ways to put your dreams into action. Shop today!
Introduce yourself and profession to our readers: I am Shanna A. Jefferson. I hail from Allendale, SC graduating in 2002 from Allendale-Fairfax High School. Upon graduation, I matriculated to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill earning my Bachelors of Public Policy and Master of Social Work degrees. Currently, I am a Doctor of Social Work candidate at Capella University.
Professionally, I am a Psychotherapist, Life Coach, Business Consultant, Author, Blogger, Speaker, Clinical Supervisor, and Business Owner. As of February 25, I will celebrate five years as the Owner and CEO of my mental health agency, Destination Greatness.
My life motto is “For to whom much is given, of him much shall be required”. With that being said, my primary purpose and passion in life is to serve as an agent of change. I haven’t been fed with a silver spoon in the traditional sense of the saying. However, I’ve been blessed with the silver spoon filled with grace, gratitude, humility, integrity, faith, service, divine connections, and the spirit of greatness.
Considering the unpredictable nature of the current administration, it is imperative that we as entrepreneurs remain attentive... particularly on the topics that could impact our businesses. A more recent action item, the FCC Net Neutrality vote, has garnered heavy social media commentary and media criticism among outlets of all facets.
During the holiday break we spoke briefly with IT Expert Delvin T. Huffman, to gain more clarity on what the vote means, so that we could decipher how this would potentially affect small business owners. Since that conversation, Sen. Edward Markey has launched an effort to reverse the repeal and restore #NetNeutrality. (This is great news!)
In case you missed this whirlwind of political-tech talk, we've outlined 4 key points below to help you play catch-up!
1. What is Net Neutrality?
Implemented by the Obama Administration in 2015, #NetNeutrality required Internet Service Providers (ISPs), like Verizon and Comcast, to treat speed of access equally. This prevents high speed companies from creating/monetizing relationships with data providers in a more competitive sense. For example, Time Warner couldn't monetize a relationship with Yahoo to offer higher speeds for them, but slower traffic on Google.
2. What did the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Vote?
Per Variety.com "The FCC voted 3-2 to get rid of rules that prohibit Internet Service Providers from blocking or throttling content, or from selling so-called “fast lanes” to sites that want speedier access to consumers."
3. How could this affect Entrepreneurs?
Net Neutrality kept the playing field equal by prohibiting a "pay-for-play" structure that favored big media companies. Most entrepreneurs rely on fast Internet access as the crux of their business's IT infrastructure, and this vote introduces potential barriers that could affect their bottom line in a few different ways.
4. The Good News:
As mentioned earlier, Sen. Edward Markey has launched an effort to reverse the repeal and restore #NetNeutrality. As of today, he has received most of the 30 Co-sponsors required to bring this to a vote, so there is hope that all will be restored to what the Obama Administration initially envisioned.
Comment below or follow @GlambitiousIAM on Instagram to let us know your thoughts on the Net Neutrality vote!
1. Register yourself in various speaker directories. A few are listed below:
2. Visit Allconferences.com to see what conferences are coming up they may be a good fit for your message and pitch yourself.
3. Host more Instagram Live segments so that event organizers can discover you organically. Make sure you appear polished and professional, save the video and repost it to your website, Youtube and other social platforms including your booking info. (This has helped me score a few paid speaking opportunities)
4. Speak for free! This allows you to hone your craft and get in front of potentially paid opportunities. Find ways to monetize it on the back end, for example have books for sale or an opportunity guests can pay for onsite.
5. Snag our E-Guide "How To Become a Paid Speaker". This 28 page E-Guide gives you the essential steps to become a paid speaker at events around the country! Also includes the websites of 50 conferences that you can pitch yourself to as a speaker!
1. Invite guest bloggers to provide brief articles that your demographic would find valuable and post them to your site. You can also become a contributor to other sites to drive their traffic back to your site! (To participate as a guest blogger on our site email fully edited article & photo to: info@GlambitiousIAM.com)
2. Host an enter-to-win contest that requires people to visit your website to enter. Make sure the giveaway is juicy!
3. Create a downloadable freebie that is offered through your website for a limited time. This can be a resource list, your top ten favorite business tools, etc.
4. Spotlight influencers that have high recognition in your industry on your website. Post the link on your social pages, to drive followers to read that influencer's spotlight. The influencer will also likely post about this and drive their followers to your site also!
5. License E-books and webinars from us to resell from your website to your network. By providing resources that entrepreneurs need, you will not only attract them to your site, but make money off of the new products offered! Email: info@GlambitiousIAM.com for a list of the items available
Introduce yourself and profession to our readers: My name is Amy Gibson and I’m a blogger, media correspondent, host and content creator. I’m the co-founder of The Double Scoop Media Company which I created with my twin sister Ashley three years ago. Our company focuses on lifestyle, entrepreneurship, music and film. Our goal is to provide a diverse array of relatable, inspiring and entertaining content, as well as to showcase and promote the gifts and talents of other creatives.
Introduce yourself and profession to our readers: My name is Evelyn Cooke and I am a Marketing and branding professional as well as a current pastry school student. I am also the founder of a scholarship and mentorship program for minority high school seniors to help them reach their educational, personal and professional dreams.