1.Introduce yourself and profession to our readers:
My name is Yvonne Pearson. I am a 31 year old wife and mother of 4. I am originally from the Ivory Coast, Belgium, and raised in France. I am an Atlanta fashion designer.
2. What inspired you to pursue this area of interest?
I've always loved the bold and beautiful prints from my African descent, but my style leans more toward the contemporary European fashion. So I decided to combine the two: African prints in modern fashion.
3. What advice would you share with those interested in a similar pursuit?
Nike says it best: JUST DO IT! We often delay on pursuing our dreams, waiting for everything to be just right before we begin. Just start and take it one day at a time, little by little. So whether it is lack of complete ideas, support, resources, funding, time, etc... just start with what you have.
4. Discuss a professional challenge and how you overcame it:
It is hard to find the time to focus on growing my business with four small children. But I push through and work my business right along my personal life, which sometimes means working late at night and on the weekends.
5. What is next for your brand/business in 2016?
I am currently working on new and exciting pieces for the Holidays.
6. How can readers connect with you online and through social media.
Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @melangemode
Yvonne Ghyselinck Pearson
Owner and Founder of Melange Mode