1. Please share how your efforts help propel women forward.
On the one hand, I teach the overwhelmed, busy woman how to balance her life by putting herself first without guilt. Women have a hard time practicing self-care. If we do take care of ourselves, we often feel guilty about it. This is not okay because serious issues like depression and anxiety will sneak up us when we neglect our emotional well-being! We cannot pour from an empty cup!
On the other hand, I teach the developing female, entrepreneur how to identify her passion, gain clarity on her roadblocks, and create an action plan towards a thriving business. When a woman is able to capitalize from her talents and do what she loves, it has a positive ripple effect on her family, friends, and everyone she is connected to.
2. If you could share any advice with your younger self, what would that be?
I would tell myself that it is okay to let go of some relationships. As we grow and develop, it can be hard to let go of friends that are not growing in the same direction as us. We have to think of our relationships as people getting on and off of an elevator. Some friends join us on floor 10 and get off on floor 17. Some friends only join us for one floor. The struggle comes when we have friends that started on the bottom floor with us, but for one reason or another, they aren’t meant to go to the top with us. When we try to hold onto that relationship, we can’t move to the next floor because that friend is standing in the doorway of the elevator. We have to be willing to let go and not feel guilty about it. That doesn’t mean that the friend won’t rise up – they just may rise up in a different building, and we can still celebrate them from across the street!
3. Is there an affirmation or motivational quote that helps you on challenging days? Currently, my favorite affirmation is one that I created that is derived from Galatians 6:9. The affirmation states, “In this moment, I release my desire to give up.” It can be tough to find the happiness amongst obstacles, but we have to remember that there is purpose in our pain. However, it is up to us to find out what that purpose is. If we aren’t willing to do that, we are suffering for nothing.
4. What is next for your business/brand?
There are 3 things I’m focused on right now.
1. I’m really excited because I’m in the production phase of releasing my suite of affirmation cards. Each affirmation deck will cover a different area of life (affirmations for motherhood, spirituality, leadership, and self-worth)! #AffirmationsWithLindsey are coming soon!
2. I have a goal to touch the lives of at least 10,000 women in 2020! Whether it is through coaching or speaking, I’m eager to serve and make an impact in the lives of women around the world because my story is someone else’s breakthrough.
3. It is clutch time for my 3rd annual women’s empowerment conference on Saturday, November 9, 2019 in Indianapolis, IN where women from all over travel in to be supported, encouraged, and transformed! It’s a whole experience! Get your ticket at www.TheUnleashedWoman.net
5. How can readers connect with you online or through social media?
For more information on how we can work together or to share your thoughts, send me an email at GetHappy@LindseyVertner.com. I like new friends!
For motivational content, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter at @LindseyVertner and subscribe to my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/LindseyVertnerLLC.
Download my FREE “Daily Brain Detox” to help prioritize your day on my website: www.LindseyVertner.com.