What inspired your journey into your business?
My inspiration came from seeing that I could help other people succeed and live out their dreams. Once I knew I could help accelrate someones career professionally or personally I set out to begin helping women all over. I know I am only as good as the last person I helped. Therefore, I strive to help at least one person daily.
What steps did you take to start your business?
1. I stepped out on Faith. believing and trusting God. I knew if He gave me the vision he would also establish my steps.
2. I started surrounding myself with the people who could get me to the next level.
3. I wrote down my short term and long term goals.
4. I then developed my mission and vision and a plan of action .... and the rest is history!
What are your biggest entrepreneurship/business ownership fears?
I do not operate under fear. However, some of my challenges to date is getting sponsorships. I am learning that everyone will not believe in your good that you are putting out into the world. Which makes me grind harder for my business.
What do you do to stay motivated when you feel like giving up?
I am constantly reading motivational quotes. I often read my on blogs to remind myself of why I started. I also like to read my book that I self-published "Re-Po Yourself". I like to look at pictures of my daughter, Madisyn she is my: hope for tomorrow, the reason why I believe and my saving grace.
What are your weaknesses in business and how have you worked pass them?
I am not IT savvy. So, just about everything that I need to have done. I have to hire someone. I often try to build my own website ( to no avail) I have tried to make even flyers ( to no avail) I have tried to decorate my own events ( to not avail) but I have learned to put my trust in others and allow them to bring my visions and dreams to life. And I am happy about the connections and relationships that I have built with them.
What’s been most rewarding?
Seeing people move out of fear and into their destiny. Seeing my clients making their dreams a reality. Watching them build their brands. Knowing a piece of their story and how they choose success over defeat. Not allowing life challenges and adversity to dictate whether or not they succeed. Thats my reward.
Who were you before your business?
I was an American Airman in the US Air Force Reserve. I was a full time college student. And a full time single mother. I was discovering who I was as a woman and learning how to be a mother to my daughter. My main objective was getting my Masters Degree in Leadership and I was not going to stop until I did. And I did.
If you had to do it again, what (if anything) would you do differently?
I honestly do not think I would have done anything differently. I think everything that has happened has lead me to right where I need to be. I am very thankful for everyone who believes in me and supports me. I know this is only the beginning and the best is yet to come. I always tell my speakers and people that I bring on board with YES! Women on the Rise that if you stick with me now during my grind season I promise I will take care of you in the long run.
What’s one good software or application you cannot live without?
I am an Apple fanatic! So, just about anything I download onto my devices are all awesome. One app that I absolutely love is Word Swagg (iphone only)... it makes my quotes looks awesome!!! I create a lot of content for posting on social media platforms.
What’s your secret to cultivating a relationship between you and your customers?
If you tell a person you are going to do something. Then do it!
Keep your word. At then end of the day all you have is your word. And if you cannot make good on your word, then it speaks volume about who you are as a person.
Where do you see your business in 5 years?
I see YES! Women on the Rise traveling the world for conferences. I would like a 10 city tour of YES! Women on the Rise. Empowering. Informing. Uplifting. women all over to THRIVE. YES! Will become a house hold name for women and men in business.
What are 3 tips you can share with budding and current entrepreneurs/business owners?
1. Keep the faith: When the road ahead seems impossible and life sometimes gets you down. Keep the faith. Always remember why you started. Always believe something wonderful is about to happen. In those darkest moments always look up because believe it or not there is always a silver lining in the clouds.
2. Perserverance: Always choose to perserver in life. Simply because we all know what it feels like to give up on our dreams. You choose perserverance even when everyone has told you no ( and afterwhile you become numb to the countless no's) when no one shows up to your events and support you (after they promised you they will be there) when the risk at the moment seems greater than the reward (because you not sure how it will play out) even when the odds are stacked aganist you ( because sometimes they will be but don't you quit). Choose perserverance because it feels better at the end of the day. Thats what builds your character
3. Keep praying: Learn to pray without ceasing. There will always be those moments on your journey where the only thing left to do is pray. When in doubt pray it out. I often tell people learn to meditate. Clear your mind from clutter, thoughts and daily life problems. Sometimes your best answer comes through meditation and prayer.
Most importantly, always reminder its your journey to success, therefore take charge of it! Don't allow the problems of this world to weigh you down and always remember this to shall pass. Be Blessed.
Arlean Timmons earned her Master’s degree in Transformative Leadership from Bethune-Cookman University in Daytona Beach, Florida. Undergrad in Business Management from University of Phoenix and Associates of Applied Science in Human Resource Management from the community College of the Air Force.
Arlean is currently in the United States Air Force Reserve. Arlean has been serving her country proudly for the past 9 years, and has been Stationed at Joint Base Charleston and currently stationed at Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
Arlean is a business woman, leadership coach, teacher, author of RE-PO Yourself and motivational speaker. Arlean is committed to helping young women across the world to achieve success through empowering, uplifting and informing them of the possibilities that lie within them to live a purposeful life. Her passion and dedication inspired her to host her first successful annual YES! Women on the Rise empowerment conference in Atlanta, Ga. in September 2014. Arlean's mission for 2015 is to help women establish their own personal brand and grow their business professionally and personally in every area of their lives.
Arlean is passionate about inspiring women and helping them to reach their fullest potential in life. Arlean is also dedicated to empowering women to live the life they dream and want by informing them of all the endless possibilities that are out there by educating them on the resources that are readily available. Lastly, Arlean is a dependable woman that always delivers through; uplifting, teaching, coaching, praying, and helping women to THRIVE!
Arlean currently resides in Atlanta, GA with her daughter Madisyn. Arlean enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her daughter.