Join us as we celebrate mompreneurs that balance babies, business & beauty! Enjoy gourmet brunch, power-networking, gift bags, goodies and special guest speakers NeShanta Davis (@MsStyleIsShe) and Janet Jackson (@BossChixATL). To RSVP visit: B3Brunch.Eventbrite.com
For women, summer is the perfect season for a pampering, girls days and much needed "me time". UltraViolet Nail Lounge & Beauty Bar promises to deliver that and more with its full suite of nail care, makeup and waxing services. The grand opening will take place on Saturday, June 27, 2015, from 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm at 5046 Old National Highway, College Park, Georgia, 30349.
Owners, Shari Mhango and Nicole Garner Scott, are childhood friends and grew up in the surrounding community of the business. Becoming besties over their shared love of tapping into their mother's beauty products, they joined together to create the Cosmetic Circus LLC. With a mission of creating luxury beauty ventures in under serviced communities, they launch their first venture -UltraViolet Nail Lounge & Beauty Bar.
For more information and to make an appointment, visitwww.UltraVioletNailLounge.comor call 404.585.0672 and to join the conversation follow @UvNailLounge #UV Grand Opening
Caressa J an Author, Speaker, Humanitarian and Philanthropist is an emerging expert on loss, love and life. As a coach and grief recovery specialist, she travels the region helping individuals and families to rebuild after personal tragedies and trauma. Through her private practice, she coaches countless women to liberate themselves from the beliefs and behaviors that keep them bound to unhealthy and unhappy lives.
Known for her authenticity and straight-from-the-hip approach, Caressa’s passion is fueled by her own pursuit of happiness and freedom. The personal challenges she has faced once seemed insurmountable. She has loved and lost. She has been beaten and broken. A domestic violence survivor, she has stared death in the face. But God had a different ending for her story. Today, she shares the unedited narrative of her life, inspiring others to redefine their own. An impassioned speaker, she delivers motivational messages to personal development, women’s empowerment and grief support groups.
Caressa is a vocal social justice and women’s rights advocate, and regularly lends her insight to high-profile tragedies on a national and global scale as an activist and blogger. She is also the founder and CEO of Life Savers United, Inc., a Washington, DC based nonprofit that heals, educates and empowers survivors of domestic violence, those living with HIV and AIDS and individuals coping with sudden & tragic loss.
She received her Bachelors in Social Work and a Masters of Arts in Human Services: Marriage and Family Therapy from Liberty University. She has worked in the field of social work, and human services with an emphasis on grief and loss,for over a decade. Her debut book, The Bailout: A Survivor’s Guide to Recovering from Heartbreak, will be available worldwide in 2015.
Caressa currently resides in Washington Metropolitan area.
Brittany Bowens owner of iBee Events, LLC is 24 years of age. She has been creating flawless events for 5+ years. She recently launched her company iBee Events, LLC in Atlanta, GA. She spends most of her free time enjoying her family and friends, shopping for décor, reading, and doing arts & crafts.
Bowens launched iBee Events with the mission to create exuberant and memorable events. She wants to touch souls through the jaw-dropping yet meaningful events that she has planned. One of her companies slogans is "iPlan. iCreate. iBee Events"
"I want people to see that I'm not your ordinary event planner. I am more than that. iPlan is my way of saying I plan events for others from start to finish exactly to their liking, iCreate is my way of saying not only do I plan events for others but my company will also plan events of our own that will include the community, and other great companies around me, the iBee stands for no matter what event I'm doing and who it is for I treat it as if it is my own event! I embody that persons thoughts, likes, and dislikes and I become the client for them, I become the event!" Stated Brittany Bowens
Brittany plans to create a chain of her event planning company as well as eventually teach event planning classes. She wants to be well known in the event industry for her great events, deeds, and service to others! For more information about iBee Events. LLC go to their website: www.iBeeEvents.com.
Kate of BeBeautifulXKate.com is a 23 year old, financial operations analyst by day and a writer by night. She spends much of her free time writing and exploring the city of Nashville, TN, and loves all things natural hair. She believes that being beautiful, is to simply know yourself, be yourself, and proudly bask in the beauty of who you are.
Her passion is empowering and supporting women by constantly affirming that we are beautiful and competent in every way imaginable. Beauty is an action word and she has chosen to consciously live her life in such a way that inspires women to love their authentic selves and to identify as nothing less than beautiful.
BeBeautifulxKate.com is where Kate shares what it means to be beautiful; often challenging the traditional definition of what beauty is & what it means to identify as beautiful. This is done by discussing the complex topics of gender equality, race, colorism, love and relationships and the simple not so simple things of hair, makeup, and fitness. She explores how all of those things and more contribute to how we see beauty in ourselves and in the world around us.
Andrel Harris is a natural when it comes to motivating others as well as being self-motivated. She is a creative visionary, a mentor and a Certified Financial Educator. Andrel has a passion for helping others succeed on their journey to becoming successful. Andrel’s why: At the height of her career she experienced the effect of the recession. This caused her to lose half her income and she was faced with a mountain of debt. She was able to turn her financial situation around in less than a year, drastically increasing her net worth. Andrel also completed a Personal and Family Financial planning course through the Univ.of Florida. She’s now on a mission to help educate others. Creating Wealth in Stilettos.
"Your perception of my life is not my reality" - Arlean Timmons
Arlean is a business woman, leadership coach, teacher, author (RE-PO Yourself) and a motivational speaker. She is committed to helping young women across the world achieve success through empowering, uplifting and informing them of the possibilities within them to live a purposeful life. Her passion and dedication inspired the creation of her annual YES! Women on the Rise empowerment conference in Atlanta. Arlean's mission for 2015 is to help women establish their own personal brand and grow their business professionally and personally in every area of their lives.
Arlean is passionate about reaching women and helping them to reach their fullest potential in life. She is also dedicated to empowering women to live the life they dream about and deserve. Through her empowerment efforts she informs women of the endless possibilities by educating them on the resources that are readily available. She dedicates herself to dependability, teaching women, coaching women, praying with women and encouraging women to THRIVE.
Arlean currently resides in Atlanta, GA with her daughter Madisyn. She enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her daughter. Follow her on Instagram @ArleanTimmons
By: Sarah Johnson; Visionary, Women’s Money & Love Coach
Did you know your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about money are formed by the time you're 8?! So you've been carrying around all these useless child-like beliefs about money that don't serve you now that you're a #GrownWoman (queue Beyonce).
Have no fear, I've got 5 NEW ideas about money that just may help:
1. Don't worry, It's Only Money- There's no reason to be intimidated by money. Instead, empower yourself around money by becoming crystal clear on what your desires are, without judging how much it's going to cost. If it's a new home, a tropical vaca, that new Louis Vuitton bag or loubies, write it down, find out exactly what the investment is and don't be afraid of the "BIG" number. "There is no difficulty in the order of miracles". Which means $1 is the same as $1,000,000.00 in the eyes of God. Know without a doubt that whatever you want is possible. SEE IT HAPPENING! Everything happens twice, on the inside then the outside. If you can't see it happening before it happens, then it won't happen.
2. BE Courageous- Love yourself enough to not only honor what you want, but to do WHATEVER necessary to achieve your goals. When you get clear on what your goals are, it's time to PLAY BIG. This will usually involve a stretch of some sort out of your comfort zone. Going for that promotion you're not sure you're qualified for, or creating a no excuses rule for yourself. Whatever that stretch is, your dream life is usually on the other side of that.
3. Feel Good About Spending Money- There is no one right way to handle your finances. Ultimately, you have to do what feels good to you. Instead of immediately cutting yourself off from your desires because of how much it costs, check in with yourself to see how you FEEL about spending money. I stand on the principle of spending your money based on what feels good to you. Money is a tool, and should be used for you desires and happiness. I'm not saying to live outside your means, but being a tight wad with your money won't attract more. Feel good about investing in your health, and enjoy the things you love. Save what you can, but don't let that be your end all be all. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed and money is the tool we use.
4. Heal your Relationship With Money- Yes, I know this will be painful, but gather ALL your outstanding bills, debts etc. and get real with yourself about your financial situation. It feels better to put your head in the sand about your money, but that does not help get you closer to your desires. If you really want a sexy, vibrant relationship with money, then you have to cuddle up with it. If you're not paying attention to where your money is going, you're giving your power away. Know what needs to be paid, when, and how much. Order is the first rule of Heaven. GET ORGANIZED!
5. There's no lack of Money- I saved the best for last. (And the hardest to understand) Most of us are taught that we have to work hard for money, that it's hard to come by, and we should save for a rainy day. But the Truth (with a Capital T) is that our income potential isn't capped. God is the TRUE source of our abundance, and the Creator is UNLIMITED, which means so are ALL resources we'll ever need. If one channel of income is cut off, there are infinite other channels. If God has planted a seed or desire in your heart, please know that other people NEED the gifts you offer, and you can earn LOTS of money doing it. We can literally create as much money as we'd like to create. One of my fave mantras is: I have the power to create the amount of money that is on purpose for me today.
I say this all the time but it's worth repeating. Money is energy. Like energy attracts like energy. The secret to getting more money is becoming a magnet for it. Expect, visualize, and feel abundance, and it has NO choice but to manifest.
Cheers to your RE-newed Money Mindset,
Ask me what one of my wardrobe staple item is, and I will undoubtedly tell you leather. While a classic leather moto jacket is always a must-have for me, lately the tough-girl chic fabric has taken on all kinds of iterations, and I really can't get enough.
This season, we're loving just about anything leather. Shorts, pants, leggings, skirts, vests -- you name it, and we're game to try it. Leather adds the perfect touch of sophistication and edge to any outfit, but if you're worried about going too edgy, don't be. There's plenty of ways to rock the trend in a way that complements your personal style. In fact, I listed some ways on how to just do that…
1) A BASEBALL CAP
A leather baseball cap gives a sophisticated update to a sporty look.
2) A BIKER JACKET OVER A FEMININE DRESS
We love a good tough-meets-edgy mix.
3) PAIRED WITH SILK
How perfect are leather shorts and a silk top for an early fall night out?
4) ON YOUR SLEEVES
Leather sleeves offer just the right amount of edge.
5) We're calling it now -- the leather vest is quickly becoming this season's wardrobe staple.
6) A FLOUNCY SKIRT
A leather skirt is totally versatile -- perfect for the office or play, depending on what you pair it with.
7) A pair of pants
Leather pants are just as perfect for going out in heels as they are for running errands in sneakers -- weather you're going real or faux, they're a worthy investment!
Take your leather look up a notch with a unique, embroidered piece
Step 1: Your Body Figure
By knowing the shape, scale and proportions of your body, you'll be able to select the best clothes and accessories that create a balanced silhouette that help disguise the parts you're self-conscious about. This gives you the curves on all the right places, and leaves plenty of room to play up your best assets.
Step 2: Your Coloring
The right colors make your skin glow and you'll look fresh and alert. The wrong colors, on the other hand can make you look pale (not in a good way for those you like the pale look!), tired and bring out discolorations and skin imperfections.
Another important aspect of colors is knowing how to use and coordinate colors to your advantage, such as bringing attention to your best assets as well as how to look taller. You can also use colors to create the mood of your outfit.
Step 3: Develop Personal Style
Defining your personal style is a must to set yourself apart form the rest, as well as help you connect with your personality and create a trademark that people will remember you for. This results in a confident and comfortable woman behind the clothes.
Step 4: Wardrobe Audit
It's time to build the contents of your wardrobe! If you want to make it easier to put on clothes in the morning, you need to make sure you have the important essentials that build the foundation of your closet.
Step 5: Putting it Together
After having some of the basic fashion tips and assessed various aspects of your current style, from analyzing yourself from inside and out. It's time to put it all together!
This is where you swamp much inspiration as possible and get your creative juices flowing. Playing it safe by relying on the basics won't get your image and style anywhere. Now it's the time for you to be creative and bold. Experiment with fashion, and not least have fun!
By: Shay Williams