After what has probably been the longest shitty-season of my life......I've finally decided to Woman Up. %95 of the last 10 months has felt like one shit-storm after the next. I feel like I'm legit addicted to making terrible decisions. Its like I'm outside of myself, watching life unfold from the sidelines. Or as if I'm in a boxing match with myself and losing. Whether in your professional or personal life, there is bound to be a rough season at some point - so here are 5 Ways to Woman Up and handle that ish!
1. SAY F&*% IT! You've been giving wayyyyy to much energy and mental space to whats NOT going right, so just say F%$* IT! If it's a man-related storm, say F&%$ HIM! Instead of whining to your friends about it or over-analyzing the situation any further......just say F&%$ IT. Chances are, its not life or death, so let that ish go for a moment. Try putting your attention somewhere else completely. For example plan a crazy trip to Iceland or somewhere exotic and spend all of your energy making it happen. Energy goes where attention flows, so direct you attention to something that is thrilling to break up the storm. (Be our next Magazine Cover Girl perhaps!?)
2. Grow Some Balls. Its time you make the tough decision(s). If you're miserable at work, start applying for 5 jobs a day. If you have a frenemy that sucks you dry, cut her off. If a guy has lured you into an emotional roller coaster.... exit the theme park. If your money is looking funny, start driving Uber or Learn How to Earn $1K in 1 Week. When you woman up, there is no space for excuses. Most storms require some decision making and decisive action. %50 of the problem is probably you choosing between what you want to do vs what you NEED TO DO. Challenge yourself to go ahead and make the tough decisions.
3. Keep It Moving. Get out of the house, make some new plans and fill up your time with productive activities. Leave in the past whatever needs to be left....life goes on. Stop harping on what went wrong, stop beating yourself up and keep it moving. Life is a movie with different scenes, so stop pressing rewind or you'll never reach the highlights. (Attend our next event)
4. Glow Up. A shit storm can shake your confidence, so this a great time to Glow-Up! Get those beauty services that make you feel like a million bucks. Go to the gym. Get a massage. Spice up the wardrobe. Try a new hairstyle or look. Spend time listening to positive podcasts, read more and put energy into self care from the inside out. (Check out Glow-Up Eguide)
5. Get to Giving. No matter how shitty your season has been, remind yourself that someone somewhere has it 10x worse. Craft some time to give back to the less fortunate. Remember that the life you have, someone else is praying for. Giving back weekly allows you to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Giving back encourages the spirit of gratitude, which helps battle energies of sadness, discontentment or disappointment. (Donate to support our annual Entrepreneur Grant)
Life is not a fairytale....it is a collection of human experiences. Know that all things are working for your good and experiences of adversity only make you stronger and wiser. There is no testimony without the test, so sometimes what you're going through is not even about you. It is about the people that you can one day help through a similar storm. Instead of asking a dis-empowering question like 'why me'.....ask 'what can I learn from this' or 'what can I do differently next time' or 'how can I become better from this'. Perspective is everything. Send love to this storm so that you uncover the necessary lessons and move on to sunnier skies.