By: Sarah Johnson; Visionary, Women’s Money & Love Coach
Did you know your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about money are formed by the time you're 8?! So you've been carrying around all these useless child-like beliefs about money that don't serve you now that you're a #GrownWoman (queue Beyonce).
Have no fear, I've got 5 NEW ideas about money that just may help:
1. Don't worry, It's Only Money- There's no reason to be intimidated by money. Instead, empower yourself around money by becoming crystal clear on what your desires are, without judging how much it's going to cost. If it's a new home, a tropical vaca, that new Louis Vuitton bag or loubies, write it down, find out exactly what the investment is and don't be afraid of the "BIG" number. "There is no difficulty in the order of miracles". Which means $1 is the same as $1,000,000.00 in the eyes of God. Know without a doubt that whatever you want is possible. SEE IT HAPPENING! Everything happens twice, on the inside then the outside. If you can't see it happening before it happens, then it won't happen.
2. BE Courageous- Love yourself enough to not only honor what you want, but to do WHATEVER necessary to achieve your goals. When you get clear on what your goals are, it's time to PLAY BIG. This will usually involve a stretch of some sort out of your comfort zone. Going for that promotion you're not sure you're qualified for, or creating a no excuses rule for yourself. Whatever that stretch is, your dream life is usually on the other side of that.
3. Feel Good About Spending Money- There is no one right way to handle your finances. Ultimately, you have to do what feels good to you. Instead of immediately cutting yourself off from your desires because of how much it costs, check in with yourself to see how you FEEL about spending money. I stand on the principle of spending your money based on what feels good to you. Money is a tool, and should be used for you desires and happiness. I'm not saying to live outside your means, but being a tight wad with your money won't attract more. Feel good about investing in your health, and enjoy the things you love. Save what you can, but don't let that be your end all be all. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed and money is the tool we use.
4. Heal your Relationship With Money- Yes, I know this will be painful, but gather ALL your outstanding bills, debts etc. and get real with yourself about your financial situation. It feels better to put your head in the sand about your money, but that does not help get you closer to your desires. If you really want a sexy, vibrant relationship with money, then you have to cuddle up with it. If you're not paying attention to where your money is going, you're giving your power away. Know what needs to be paid, when, and how much. Order is the first rule of Heaven. GET ORGANIZED!
5. There's no lack of Money- I saved the best for last. (And the hardest to understand) Most of us are taught that we have to work hard for money, that it's hard to come by, and we should save for a rainy day. But the Truth (with a Capital T) is that our income potential isn't capped. God is the TRUE source of our abundance, and the Creator is UNLIMITED, which means so are ALL resources we'll ever need. If one channel of income is cut off, there are infinite other channels. If God has planted a seed or desire in your heart, please know that other people NEED the gifts you offer, and you can earn LOTS of money doing it. We can literally create as much money as we'd like to create. One of my fave mantras is: I have the power to create the amount of money that is on purpose for me today.
I say this all the time but it's worth repeating. Money is energy. Like energy attracts like energy. The secret to getting more money is becoming a magnet for it. Expect, visualize, and feel abundance, and it has NO choice but to manifest.
Cheers to your RE-newed Money Mindset,