By: Sarah D. Johnson; Visionary, Money Mindset Mentor, Women’s Love & Money Coach
So here’s a crash course on the Truth (with a capital T) about money. Lesson 1: Money is currency, and currency is energy sothat means money is energy. Science tells us that energy cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed. Money is all around us, all the time and there is enough for everybody. Lesson 2: And maybe the most important, money and abundance is a frequency we attune to. Remember money is energy. Different energies vibrate at different frequencies and when it comes to energy, like attracts like. That means in order to experience abundance, we have to match that frequency through our thoughts, words and feelings. If your beliefs, words, and thoughts aren’t in line with the Truth about money, you probably have a poverty mindset. Here are the top 5 clues:
1. You complain about money. If somebody was saying negative things about you, would you want to be around them? No, you wouldn’t. Money works the same way. If you’re always talking about there never being enough money, and how hard it is to come by, etc. then money will not be attracted to you. Money loves to be sweet talked. It loves to be around good vibes, and paid attention to. The secret to getting more money is not to chase it, but rather becoming a money magnet, and letting it come to you. Your job is to use your words and thoughts to make money feel welcomed around you.
2. You find yourself saying I can’t afford it. Money doesn’t have value until we give it value with the things we spend it on. And let’s just be real. We all buy what we want to buy. Even if we can’t technically afford it. The spoken word has power and energy. It’s as if the Universe is your personal server, and you order what you want by the words you use. And the Universe ALWAYS says yes. If the request is positive or negative, the Universe is your genie and will always grant your request. So when you say, “I can’t afford it”, the Universe says Ok! And the circumstances will be created to mirror that thought. Now I’m not saying break the bank, but if you see something you want, that’s out of your budget, simply say: I choose not to buy that right now. OR, if you REALLY want it, say: the money for (insert desire) is on its way to me now.But never ever say I can’t afford it, or that will always be your experience.
3. You clip coupons. If this offends you, then you need to hear it. Again, money is energy, and we have to match the energy of what we desire to experience the physical manifestation. In order to manifest money, you must match the vibration of abundance by generating abundant feelings. Ride around super nice neighborhoods, or have a yummy meal from a fancy restaurant every now and then. But taking your valuable time to cut coupons to save $150.00 (and I’m being liberal) is not the business. When Jesus healed the blind men, he said according to your faith, let it be done unto you. Which means, if you think God can only bless you with an extra $150 a month, then that’s what you’ll get. On top of, money doesn’t work that way. You can’t get more money by hoarding it. Its energy, it’s supposed to circulate and it needs to have a purpose. That’s how it grows. You only get more, by participating in the inhale (receiving) and the exhale (giving) of the Universe.
4. You live check to check. I started to put this one first, but I figured I’d ease you into this concept about money. Iyanla Vanzant defines money as: M.y O.wnN.atural E.nergy Y.ield. That means that you have the resources to make all the money you’ll ever need on the inside of you, and the outward manifestation of money is just symbolism of your inner relationship with money. So if you’re living check to check, I’m willing to bet that your dominant thoughts about money are that there’s never enough of it, and you could also use a boost of self-confidence. Keep in mind, money symbolizes the value we place on something. When we give value to someone, there is an energy exchange in the form of payment that is happening. The amount of money we have is equivalent to the amount of value we’re offering the world. So if you need more money, then find a way to add more value to the world. But don’t dwell on the lack of money, instead keep your thoughts, and especially your words pointed towards what you desire financially.
5. You find yourself “waiting until you can afford it” to fulfill your desires I’m talking small stuff like massages, or big stuff like finally starting that business you’ve always dreamed of. In order to acquire more money, we have to act “as if” we already have it. So that means it’s going to take a little (translation: A LOT) of faith on your part to step out in the name of your desires, even if it “looks like” the money isn’t there. Book the trip! Start the business! NEVER let money be the reason you didn’t do something. I’ve found that when I TRULY committed, regardless if the money was there or not, the Universe has always metme where I was and the money just kind of showed up.
When people say I don’t have the money, there’s always something deeper going on with their relationship with money.We were created to live abundant, expansive lives. We all have the ability to create the exact amount of money that is on purpose for our lives, and day to day living. It’s only a matter of attuning to the frequency of abundance through your beliefs, thoughts, and words.